TechHow – Dark Mode or Dark Theme or Dark Mode is becoming one of the increasingly popular features at this time. Windows 10 also provides a Dark Mode feature for appearance.
Then, how to enable Dark Mode in Windows 10? This article will provide a tutorial on how to replace or activate Dark Mode in Windows 10.
Oh yes, the display of Dark Mode in Windows 10 is set separately between the software display and Windows display. Like Office, Browser, and some other software. All will be discussed in this short article.
1. Activate Dark Mode Windows 10
Overall, Windows 10 already provides dark mode features. However, we must change the settings and activate this cool feature. The method is very easy and can be tried directly.
Here’s how to activate dark mode in Windows 10 as a whole:
- Press Start at the left end of Windows then select Settings.
- Then choose Personalization.
- Select Colors in the left tab of the Personalization settings than in the Choose your color section change to Dark.
- D1. But you can also change into Custom with two choices viz Default Windows Mode and Default App Mode. Please change the two-color settings according to your taste.
Read also How to use System Restore Point on Windows 10, which might be useful if a system or configuration error occurs in the Windows 10 operating system.
2. Activate Dark Mode in Office
Dark Mode or Dark Theme is also available for Microsoft Office, but you can set and activate Office Dark Mode separately. There are several color themes that you can use. Then how is it done? Here’s how to activate dark mode for Office:
- Open one of the Microsoft Office applications, in this case; we will open Microsoft Word. This tutorial is done on Ms. Word in Office 365.
- After the welcome screen appears in Word, select Options at the bottom left of Word.
- After the Word Options view opens, on the General tab in the Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office, change the Office Theme to Black or Dark Gray.
- Then press OK and finished.
For important data protection needs, maybe an article How to Lock Folder on Windows, this will be useful for data security on the laptop. There are several ways that can be used to lock a folder, such as a folder lock with encryption, password, and software locker.
3. Activate Dark Mode on Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge also has a Dark Mode theme feature that you can activate. Here’s how to enable Dark Mode on Microsoft Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge. You can search for Microsoft Edge by opening Start and typing in the name of this browser.
- After open select Settings and more, which is the three vertical dot icon on the top right of Microsoft Edge and select it Settings.
- Select the General tab and in the section Customize > Choose a theme select Dark.
- Done and the look of Microsoft Edge will be completely dark.
There are tons of tips that you can find on this site, one of which is How to Improve Windows 10 Boot Performance with some easy ways and can be practised directly while reading the article.
4. Activate Dark Mode on Google Chrome
Dark Mode in Google Chrome has begun to be developed, and of course, it hasn’t been released because it’s not perfect yet. Some websites do not, however, support Google Chrome’s dark mode feature. But we can activate dark mode on Google Chrome by force or force.
Here’s how to force dark mode on Google Chrome by force:
- Open Google Chrome.
- In section URL type it chrome: // flags / # enable-force-dark then Enter.
- The Chrome Experiments settings will appear then in the Force Dark Mode for Web Contents section change Disabled to Enabled or Enabled with selective image inversion.
- Then choose Relaunch at the bottom left of Chrome.
- Google Chrome will reopen with the dark mode version activated.
- You can also change back to the default display of Google Chrome by repeating step 2 and changing it back to Disabled.
Note: This feature is not yet perfect. So many websites do not, however, support this feature, so many of the websites you visit will look strange. After activating this feature, the color of the image will be forced to turn dark so that many colors do not support it.
One way to improve the Windows system configuration is to try to enter safe mode or Windows safe mode itself. Learn How to enter and exit Windows Safe Mode in several ways that you can try.
5. Activate Dark Mode in Firefox
Besides Google Chrome, Firefox also provides a dark mode feature that is better than Google Chrome. Here’s how to properly activate dark mode in Firefox:
- Open Firefox.
- Then select the section Hamburger menu (located in the upper right).
- Select Customize.
- On the Customize page, select Themes at the bottom of Firefox, and the settings box will appear My Themes.
- After that, choose Dark then choose Done at the bottom of Firefox.
That’s the first article about how to activate the dark mode feature for Windows 10 along with dark mode Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Edge.