Many solutions and ways to activate the microphone on a Windows 10 laptop or connect and set the headset as a microphone for use in Windows 10.
Windows 10 Microphone Settings
Microphone is one of the hardware or features that you can use on Windows 10. However, there are times when this feature does not work or has not been activated on Windows 10 that you are currently using.
Sometimes, after reinstalling or upgrading Windows 10, the microphone will be disabled by default. Don’t rush to say that your microphone is broken.
4 Setting Ways To Activate Microphone In Windows 10
There are several ways you can do to manage and activate the microphone on Windows 10. This article will provide a tutorial and how to activate the microphone feature on Windows 10 easily.
Solution 1: Activate the Microphone Through the Windows 10 Device Manager
The first way to activate the microphone is through the Device Manager settings that are available in all versions of Windows 10. Here is how to enable the microphone through the device manager in a few steps:
- Access WinX Menu by pressing the button Windows + X together then choose Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager window opens, then select settings Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- After that, select it and right-click on the sound card currently installed on Windows 10 and select Enable Driver.
- After that, Restart the PC to enhance the activation of the microphone in Windows 10.
Note: After restarting, the microphone feature will be active again. However, if it is not active or there is a yellow warning icon in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section, then right-click on the sound card driver and then uninstall the driver.
After that, restart your PC or laptop, and the sound card driver will be installed again automatically by the Windows 10 system. If this method does not work, then please try Solution 2 below.
Also, learn how to update the Windows 10 version properly. Read full article How to Update Windows 10.
Solution 2: Activate Windows 10 Microphone Through Sound Settings
The next solution you can do to reactivate the mic features in Windows 10 is to do some easy settings in the Sound settings. Following are the easy steps to enable the microphone through Windows 10 Sound settings:
- Press the keyboard key combination Windows + S and type it in Sound Settings.
- Once open, look at the right bar and select the Sound Control Panel.
- Then select the second tab, i.e., Recording.
- Select the recording or microphone connected to the laptop, then right-click and select Enable. Note: If the microphone icon does not appear, right-click on the empty box then choose Show Disabled Devices.
- Then choose OK and finished.
Are your Windows 10 laptops or PC slow when turned on? Read and learn How To Speed Up Boot Windows 10 correctly and easily.
Solution 3: How to Setting Microphone From Windows Settings
The third way is to activate the microphone by using Windows Settings. This is also an easy way to activate the mic feature on Windows 10. Follow the method below to activate the microphone through Windows 10 Settings:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing a key combination Windows + I on the keyboard.
- Then next, choose Privacy.
- Then select the tab Microphone on the right-hand menu of settings.
- Tick Let apps use my microphone Becomes On.
- Finish and close the Windows Settings window.
If you often have problems with Windows 10 systems, one way to fix the problem is through Safe Mode. Read the guide How to enter Windows 10 Safe Mode.
Solution 4: How to Activate the Headset Microphone on a Windows 10 Laptop Through the Control Panel
The last way that can be done is to activate the mic through the Control Panel. Follow the step-by-step below to set the microphone through the Ease of Access menu in the Windows 10 Control Panel:
- Access Control Panel. You do this by pressing the combination key on the keyboard Windows + R to open a dialog box Run and type it in Control Panel then press Enter.
- Select the Ease of Access Menu. After the Control Panel configuration window opens, select Ease of Access.
- After that, choose Speech Recognition and choose Set up the microphone.
- Then select the type of Microphone that has been connected to a laptop or PC. You can choose between Headset Microphone or Desktop Microphone. In this case, we will use Headset Microphone. Then press Next.
- After that, use the headset properly and place the microphone near your mouth like in the picture displayed by Windows. Make sure the headset volume mute button is OFF. Then choose Next.
- The next step a sentence will appear that you can read to detect the headset that is already connected to your Windows 10 laptop (Posts to read: “Peter dictates to his computer. He prefers it to type, and particularly prefers it to pen and paper. “). If already pressed Next.
- If so, the text will appear Your microphone is now set up and press Finish.
Learn How to Clear Windows 10 Laptop Cache on a regular basis so that the performance of the laptop remains fast and not slow. For Windows 10 users, don’t forget to Remove the Windows Update Cache, yes!
Conclusion: Windows 10 Microphone Can Be Arranged With Several Easy Ways
Those are some ways to activate the microphone on a Windows 10 laptop that you can try to set the microphone to be read by the laptop and can be used for voice input purposes.