Amazon is one of the most visited online stores today. In this store, we can find almost everything we can want or need, at more than acceptable prices and with the possibility of receiving at home in 24 hours thanks to Prime. If we have ever entered Amazon, we have probably seen how, at the bottom, a list appears with products similar to those we have searched on previous occasions, something that can be a problem for our privacy.
This online store, by default, usually keeps a list with absolutely everything we are looking for. This list is used, for example, to show us personalized advertising on other web pages or to offer us products related to previous searches or our own interests.
Unfortunately, this means that whenever we enter the store, we can see products related to our previous searches, although what we searched for was only out of curiosity and had nothing to do with our real interests. Luckily, it’s very easy to see Amazon’s search history and delete one or all of these searches, to improve our privacy.
Next, we explain how to do it.
Clear Amazon history to protect your privacy
To see our Amazon history, we can do it from the ” My browsing history ” link that appears just below the store’s search bar or directly to the following link.
Once here, we will be able to see, in addition to a small summary with the activity of our account, all the searches that we have carried out within the store.
In each of these products, we are going to be able to see two buttons. The first of them, called ” More like this, ” will allow us to see more similar products related to a specific search, while the “Delete” button will delete that search from the list so that there is no trace of it and stop seeing recommendations when We visited the store related to this search.
We can also disable Amazon search history entirely to stop receiving personalized recommendations.
If we want to completely erase all our history, instead of selecting one by one the elements that we have visited, we can do it easily from the ” History management ” button that appears on the right side of the list. Here we will see a new button called « Remove all items » that will allow us to delete the entire history of Amazon searches and a switch that will deactivate the browsing history.
Amazon keeps your item’s search history to show you the products in the suggestion for purchase, so if you share your Amazon account with someone, you may want to know how you can clear or remove specific items from your recently viewed section.
Amazon browsing history tells a lot about you. So clearing your Amazon browsing history is a good idea, so that your purchase kept with you only.
How to Remove Items from Your Amazon Browsing History
You can easily delete your Amazon browsing history, just follow the simple steps given below:-
Step 1. Open the official Amazon website homepage in your browser.
Step 2. Sign in’ to your account if you aren’t already using the option at the screen’s upper-right side.
Step 3. Hover the cursor over the ‘Your Orders’ option in the upper taskbar and select ‘Your Recommendations.’
Step 4. This will bring you to Amazon’s recommendation page for your account. Select the ‘Your Browsing History’ button near the top left hand.
Step 5. You will be redirected to your Browsing history. Find the order you want to hide. Select it and click ‘Remove.’
That is it. The product is now hidden. You will no longer see recommendations based on it. If you face any problem in removing items from your Amazon search history, ask in the comments.
In this way, we can have much more control over the content that Amazon recommends, delete all those searches that we carry out of curiosity but that, in reality, are not related to our tastes, and, in addition, improve our privacy in the face of Amazon advertising They show many sites, personalized advertising based on the information in this history.
Are Amazon’s recommendations helpful, or do you prefer to preserve your privacy by deleting or even disabling search history?
If you share your Amazon account or computer with other people, you may not always want them to see everything you are looking for online. Whether you’re shopping for something that might be embarrassing or you’re trying to surprise someone with a gift, or maybe you want it to a secret, So it is very important and useful to clear your Amazon search history. While it’s possible and easy enough to do, Amazon, for some reason, seems to be burying this feature in your account.
Before we get started, please note that clearing your Amazon search history will not delete your Amazon order.
Tip: To clear your Amazon search history, visit the Orders page on the Amazon website and then click on Archive Order next to the one you want to tuck away wandering eyes.
Clear your Amazon Browsing History
- To delete items from your Amazon search history, you need to go to the Amazon website on your computer.
- In the navigation bar, look for the Account & Lists menu. Then click on Your Account.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the Account page. Here you can view the “Your recently viewed items” carousel and feature recommendations. Below that on the right, look for the little link that says View or edit your browsing history and click it.
- Here you can see each product that you have recently searched or found. To delete individual items, click the Delete button under each product.
- If you want to clear your entire browsing history, then tap on Manage history towards the page’s top right. Here you can get rid of everything by clicking the Delete all items button.
You can also disable Amazon’s browsing history completely by enabling or disabling the toggle. If you turn it off, any products you’ve viewed since then won’t be saved to your Amazon browsing history until you turn this setting on again. While useful for gift shopping, you run the risk of forgetting important items you came across and not being able to go back and find them.
Delete Your Entire Browsing History
- Well now, You may be thinking that I have cleared my Amazon browsing history, but anyone can still look at my browser browsing history and see what I’ve been up to. You are absolutely right, because deleting the product you are looking for in your Amazon account will not erase the evidence from your computer or smartphone.
- Luckily, you have covered on this front too. Check out our guide to clearing search history on your iPhone and Android, plus how to delete it from your Google account too. You can also use private browsing or incognito mode if you want your browser to automatically delete your history when you close it to stop some sneaky shopping.
These are all essential tools for clearing your Amazon search history and getting rid of your browser history on both computer and mobile. Hopefully, you can now browse and make purchases with more peace of mind. Happy shopping!