Quality family time to eat delicious!
Even though Easter is going to be celebrated a little differently this year, it is important to keep the tradition alive. If you may not be celebrating with your family, you can still celebrate in spirit. Take advantage of this Sunday to share with your roommates or other family members, and take the time to teach them how to cook.
This Easter Sunday, have fun in the kitchen with these easy-to-make recipes Cacique, Tabasco, and Smithfield. Have breakfast with a Frittata of Bacon and Fresh Cheese and for dinner you can’t forget the classic ham Smithfield’s Spiral Sliced Ham, guaranteed to be a hit at the table and perfect for many leftovers.
Enjoy the rich recipes:
1. Bacon and Cheese Frittata
- 1 pound of bacon, diced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 of Cup of Cacique ® Queso Fresco
- 6 green onions, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz of Pizza mass, chilled in a can or made dough
- 6 eggsscrambled
- ½ cup of water
- Cacique® Mexican Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread pizza dough in cast iron skillet
- Simmer the bacon until the color is light brown
- Add the mushrooms to the bacon and cook until golden
- Remove the fat from the pan, place the mushrooms and bacon on the dough to lightly coat.
- Add the scrambled eggs over the bacon and mushroom mixture.
- Top with pieces of Queso Fresco, tomatoes and onions
- Bake for 18 minutes. Serve hot and top it with a drizzle of Mexican Sour Cream.
2. Bloody Mary
- 6 drops of TABASCO® Original Red Sauce
- 2 oz vodka
- 8 oz tomato juice
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon of sauce Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish prepared
- Black pepper to taste
- Celery salt to taste
- Add ice to a tall glass.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Season with black pepper and celery salt to taste.
3. Buffalo La Diabla Eggs
- 1 tablespoon of TABASCO® Buffalo Style Hot Sauce
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a medium bowl. Mash it with a fork and add mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, Tabasco Buffalo sauce and celery salt. Stir until smooth.
- Place the egg whites on a serving tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to a gallon-sized plastic bag and push it into one corner of the bag.
- Hold the bag firmly above the mixture; rotate until the mixture is firmly positioned.
- Using scissors, cut off the tip of the bag. Rotate the bag to press the yolk mixture into the egg whites until they are full. Sprinkle with chopped celery and refrigerate the eggs until ready to serve.
4. Ham and Cheese Wheels
- 1 package of Smithfield® Sliced Ham
- 8 oz tube mass Crescent Rolls
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons thyme or parsley
- Cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and cover the 8 × 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Roll out the growing dough and cut into 4 rectangles, pinching the perforated areas to seal.
- Spread Dijon mustard over each rectangle, top with grated cheese, 2-3 slices of Smithfield sliced ham, and roll each section to create a trunk, pinching the seams to seal.
- Cut each roll into equal slices, you should get 4-5 slices per roll.
- Place the cut side on a baking sheet.
- Mix the melted butter, garlic powder, thyme, or parsley, and brush over the wheel covers.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.