Internet Download Manager (IDM) often have problems with Google Chrome, most often the IDM feature does not appear in Google Chrome when downloading something.
Here are some important points that will be discussed thoroughly in this article related to the problem of IDM not appearing in Chrome and how to appear and enable IDM in Chrome:
Troubleshooting Internet Download Manager (IDM) Extensions in Google Chrome
Internet Download Manager or often abbreviated as IDM is an application that is very widely used for the purposes of downloading files, music, videos, and documents.
Software developed by Tonec Inc. can download files at a faster speed than downloading via Google Chrome manually.
However, many IDM users have problems with Google Chrome. The most frequent problem is that IDM does not appear in Chrome, which causes lots of files and media that cannot be downloaded directly using this very popular download software.
This article will provide the solution to be able to activate and bring up IDM on Chrome in several easy ways. Check out the important points of TechHow which will be discussed in the article below.
Frequently Problems Is Your Problem In this List?
There are several types of problems related to IDM extensions that don’t appear in the Chrome browser. But what you often encounter is the absence of a download button on many sites such as YouTube and Facebook.
Here are some of the problems that are often encountered related to IDM, check one of the problems below and are you also experiencing one of the problems below? Here is the list of problems:
- You installed IDM software but it’s not integrated in the Google Chrome web browser so you can’t use IDM and can’t download anything from Chrome using IDM.
- You updated the IDM version or updated the version of Google Chrome which caused IDM to stop working in Chrome.
- When you check the extension page chrome: // extensions but there is no IDM extension for Chrome.
- When installing IDM extensions manually, you get a message “Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website.”
- IDM extension is in Chrome but does not work.
- Message often appears “You have an obsolete of Google Chrome browser integration, or Google Chrome integration is not installed. Would you like to read how to fix it? “
- Error message appears namely “Not from the Chrome Web Store. This extension violates the Chrome Web Store Policy. “ or “Google has flagged IDM Integration as malicious and installation has been prevented.” when trying to install IDM extensions in Chrome.
- Error message appears “Suspicious extensions disabled. To make Chrome safer, we disabled some extensions that aren’t listed in the Chrome Web Store and may have been added without your knowledge. “
- IDM extension is corrupted with messages “This extension may have been corrupted.”
If one of the IDM problems above is being encountered by you, please read the solution that we have provided below.
Also, learn how to get rid of annoying ads like dirty ads and pop-up ads in Google Chrome. Here comes an article that discusses details about how to get rid of ads on Google Chrome.
Cause IDM Does Not Appear in Chrome
The causes of all the problems above can vary, but most often is because IDM is not updated to a new version while the Google Chrome browser has been updated to a newer version or vice versa.
Another reason is that Chrome has detected that this extension violates its rules. Without the IDM extension which is often referred to as IDM Integration Module in Chrome, you can’t use the IDM feature to download anything from Chrome.
Several Ways to Add IDM Extensions in Chrome
TechHow will provide several solutions that you can do to bring back the IDM extension in Google Chrome. Here are some ways to activate IDM in Chrome that you can try:
Solution 1: How to Set IDM for Chrome Browser
The first way is done on IDM software directly. Here’s how to solve it:
- Open the Internet Download Manager (IDM) software on your laptop or PC.
- Select menu Downloads > Options.
- After that open the tab General and see section Capture downloads from the following browsers and check Chrome or all browsers installed on your laptop.
- Then choose OK.
Note: If there is no Google Chrome in the list, select it Add browser then search for the file Chrome.exe on your laptop.
Did you know Google Chrome can be made into Dark Mode? Although the official features haven’t been released yet, but Chrome can be changed to Dark Mode. Read how How to Activate the Dark Mode of Google Chrome.
Solution 2: How to Install IDM Extensions Manually
If the first solution does not work, please try this second solution. This method is a manual method by adding IDM extensions forcibly and manually to the Chrome extension list. Following are the steps to add IDM to Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Select the three-point button (3-dots menu) on the top right of the browser, then select it More Tools> ExtensionsAlternative way: type chrome: // extensions in the Chrome browser URL then Enter.
- After that open Windows Explorer or press a key combination Windows + E simultaneously access to the location where IDM is installed. Usually located at: C: Program Files (x86) Internet Download Manager or C: Program Files Internet Download Manager.
- After that, look for the file IDMGCExt.crx or file IDMGCExt in the folder Internet Download Manager.
- Next drag and drop IDMGCExt files was in the list of Google Chrome extensions. If writing appears “Extensions, apps, and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue? “ then click Continue.
- The IDM extension is already installed on Google Chrome.
This method successfully resolves IDM does not appear in Chrome in general. However, if that doesn’t work either, please try the third solution.
Solution 3: Download IDM Extensions in the Chrome Web Store
If the two methods above do not work, try the third way by adding the original IDM extension in the Chrome Web Store and pairing it to the Google Chrome browser. Following are the steps to install IDM extension to Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and Download the IDM Extension for Chrome.
- After that click the button Add to Chrome.
- After that a confirmation message will appear and select Add Extension.
Google Chrome’s cache is one of the caches that makes fast storage full. Follow the how-to article How to clear Google Chrome cache.
Solution 4: Update Version of Internet Download Manager (IDM)
The last way is to update the IDM version to the latest version. However, this way NOT APPLICABLE for IDM which is not original alias crack. Only valid for the original full IDM version. Here’s how to update IDM to a newer version:
- Open IDM.
- Select menu Help> Check for Updates.
- If an IDM update is available, a new version will be downloaded. If not, IDM will notify you if the IDM installed is the latest version of IDM at this time.
Conclusion: There are several ways to overcome IDM does not appear in Chrome
How is the result? Hopefully one of the solutions above can overcome the problem of IDM not appearing in the Chrome browser. Suggestion TechHow the last is to buy an original IDM license so that unwanted problems do not occur.
This article can be tried for problems on a laptop Windows 10 as well as Windows 7. You can also access articles from the official IDM website, through this link.