How to Activate Dark Mode on Instagram
Under the umbrella of Facebook, Instagram’s popularity is increasing with users of more than 1 billion people worldwide. Moreover, the features presented on Instagram are even more interesting. In 2019, Instagram officially rolled out the Dark Mode feature for applications on Android-based smartphones and iOS devices.
The presence of this Dark Mode allows users to be more comfortable when viewing photos on the Instagram timeline. For smartphones with OLED and AMOLED technology, the presence of this feature can even save battery power because it looks dominated by a deep black color.
For those of you who are curious about how to activate Dark Mode on Instagram, then you can see the tutorial as follows.
Dark Instagram mode on iOS
- Enter the menu or application Settings
- On the Settings page, open the menu Display & Brightness
- Next, you can activate the menu Dark on the page Display & Brightness to activate Dark Mode
- When Dark Mode is active, the Settings page background will turn black or dark
- At the same time, the background page of the Instagram application will also be black to indicate
To be able to activate this feature, you must ensure that iOS 13 is present on your iPhone because this operating system already supports the Dark Mode System Wide feature that can be implemented for various iOS and third-party default applications.
For the record, make sure that your Instagram is also the latest version. If there is an Update article on the Apple App Store, then your Instagram application needs to be updated first. But if the writing is Open, then you already use the latest application.
You can also return to the Display & Brightness menu in the Settings application to turn off Dark Mode if the display feels uncomfortable,
Dark Instagram mode on Android
- Access the menu or application Settings on your smartphone
- Scroll down to find the menu Display & Brightness or Display (depending on the brand and series of smartphone used)
- Turn on features Dark Mode
- When Dark Mode is active, the Settings page will turn black
- That way the Instagram application will also have a black background
Almost similar to iOS, you also have to update the operating system on your smartphone up to Android 10. On this version of Android, there is a Dark Mode feature that can change the appearance of the system, default applications, and some third-party applications to a black background.
Additionally, make sure also that Instagram installed on your Android smartphone is the latest version. In addition, you can also turn off the Dark Mode menu with almost the same steps as the tutorial above.
You could say the way used to bring Dark Mode on Instagram is very easy. But the conditions, the smartphone you have must use the Android operating system 10 or iOS 13. In addition, Instagram installed on the device must already be the latest version.