Confusion with screenshots on a laptop or PC? Actually the answer will be known by searching through the web. But, not everything that is conveyed on the web can be in accordance with the type of laptop that is owned.
Therefore, you must be very clever to choose how to screenshot on a laptop. So, the method chosen really suits the laptop you have. Various laptop brands on the market, making more and more people do not understand how to properly screen laptop screenshots.
To help you will be explained several ways to screenshot on a laptop Windows 7 and Windows 10 with various brands on this occasion. Intrigued by the obvious way? Wait a little longer and the answers will be found soon, in the next section.
How to Screenshot on a Laptop with the Snip & Sketch Application
There are many ways to take screenshots on a laptops and PCs. But a practical and easy way is to use the default Windows software, the Snipping Tool application or now it’s changed to Snip & Sketch.
To find out the detailed steps, please pay attention to step by step how to screenshot your PC / laptop screen as we have discussed below.
- For the first step, you must determine the screen of your laptop to be screenshot. Suppose you want to capture the Spotify screen, then focus on the Spotify application window on your laptop.
- Next, press the button Windows or Start at the bottom left of the screen and type Snip & Sketch and click on the available results.
- When the application is open, you have two choices for screenshots of the laptop screen. Namely, by clicking the button New at the top of the application or press the keyboard shortcut key combination Windows + Shift + S then you will be able to choose any screenshot that you want to screenshot.
- After succeeding and getting the screenshot image that you want, next is to save the image to your laptop. The trick is to press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + S a screenshot will appear where your screenshot will appear.
- You can also change the file name and save the screenshot of your desktop screen to any directory / folder you want.
- And finished, good luck.
Apart from using the Snip & Sketch feature as above, there are ways you can try for various brands of laptops. Here are various ways to screenshot on a laptop according to the brand that you can try according to your laptop brand. Here are the details.
Photo size can be reduced with various software, read recommendations The Best Photo Compress Application which you can use to reduce the photo size.
How to screenshot Lenovo laptops
Do you use a Lenovo laptop? For those who use this laptop, can follow these steps for how to screenshot on a Lenovo laptop. The steps are not too long, therefore, anyone can follow it easily. The following is a review of the steps:
- Prepare a laptop that will be used.
- Then, open the page or part of the view to be screenshot.
- After that, press the Windows and Printscreen key combination. Do it simultaneously to get results.
- When it is finished, the screen that has been taken will be saved automatically on the laptop.
- To open and view the results from the screenshots, you simply open Windows Explorer and press on this PC. Continue by pressing the picture menu. Enter the screenshot menu. That’s where it will appear, the results of images that have been taken.
How to screenshot Acer Laptops
Unlike the way screenshots with Lenovo, the way screenshots on Acer laptops are a bit different. However, the way that is run is not too much different. As for the ways that are followed, can be seen in the following sections:
- First, turn on the laptop and prepare the screen page to be screenshot.
- Then continue by pressing the print screen button on the keyboard. Usually, on the Acer keyboard, there are several different button labels, such as PrtScn, PrintScr or Other keys.
- But to see the captured images, you need other software. In this case, requires software Paint.
- Open the software, then right-click and press paste. Or for simplicity, you can use the combination button Ctrl + V.
- This method is suitable for any type of Windows. Note, as long as the Paint application is available on the laptop.
How to Screenshots on Asus Laptops
One type of laptop that is widely used is Asus laptop. For how to screenshot on an Asus laptop is certainly different from the previous laptop. The explanation is below:
- To use screenshots on Asus laptops, follow these steps. How to prepare a page that will be captured (screenshots).
- Then, press the Windows combination key with the key PrtScn. But not all Asus laptops have this button. Maybe the name of this button is different. But it is located in the upper right.
- Meanwhile, to see the results of the image, can be opened via paint as before. Or you can see it through Word. You can do this by pressing right click or pressing Ctrl + V in that word. Later, the results of the image will appear.
For those of you who are looking for ways to erase background photos easily and quickly, please read How to Delete Photo Background Automatically. This method is suitable for all people, beginners and professionals, as well as for those of you who are lazy to use software such as Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing applications.
Screenshot with ALT Button
On some laptops, you can use other buttons to make a screenshot. This method is very easy to do, the results are quite satisfying. The method in question can be seen below:
- For the first step, prepare the screen to be taken. For example, a picture of a game that shows victory.
- Next, press the key combination Alt + Print screen. The purpose of this button is to save the picture to be taken.
- Meanwhile, to see the results, you can see it by entering in the paint software. Then, press paste by pressing right-click first. Another way is to press the combination button Ctrl + V.
How to Screenshot Long or Vertical
For this one, it is needed by students who need complete data. How to run it is quite easy, namely by the steps below:
- Use Google Chrome and install it with an extension Awesome Screenshot. After that, click the add button on chrome. If you are used to installing add-ons, you can do this more easily.
- If it is installed, an awesome screenshot will appear. Click on the icon then select the capture page entire menu. This option can be done to capture all pages that will be captured.
- Wait for a few moments, until finally the screenshot process is completely finished. After the process is complete, you will then be directed to editing for a long time. If it feels good, press the done button. Later, will be given a choice in the form whether, the image will be saved.
- Some of the options available are PDF files, Clipboard even for direct printing though.
For iPhone users, if you have difficulties when transferring photos from a laptop to an iPhone, please read the guide Move Photos from Laptop to iPhone Practically.
One more way that can be done is to use the application Lightshot. But if you don’t have it, do the download first. Then follow the method below:
- If you have already downloaded, continue to do a screenshot on a laptop with this additional application. The intended method is to press Screen Print or PrtSc Sysrq. Do it for a few moments until the screen is a little dim.
- Select the desired area by clicking and dragging the cursor. Then, do the editing as needed and save it in the desired place.
How to Screenshot in Windows – Each of these methods, will succeed in accordance with the ability to run it. but one thing to remember, that how to screenshot on a laptop does not need expert help. Just experiment a few times and you will feel the results.