On Skype, you can not find or change your Skype Username directly, although there is some way around to find your Skype username as well as to change your username. Let’s see how just follow the simple steps given below:-
Method 1: How to Find and Change your Skype Username
1. Open the official Microsoft page in your browser.
2. Notice the ‘Sign In’ option in the upper-right corner. Click on it.
3. As soon as you do so, you will be redirected to the ‘Sign in’ page. Chose the ‘Forgot Username’ option to Log into your Skype account.
4. You will be moved to another page asking you for an alternate email address or a phone number associated with your Microsoft account.
5. You will receive a code within a few minutes in your inbox or on your phone number. Enter the code and click “Next”.
6. You will find a list of usernames associated with the email or phone number previously filled in, on the next page. They would be only partly visible for security reasons.
7. Sign in using the usernames provided. Congratulations! You have found your Skype username.
Method 2: How to Find and Change your Skype Username
In case you have an Outlook or Hotmail account with Microsoft, ask your friends for the Email ID you contacted them with. This ID would be your username.
As your Skype Username/ID is associated with your email address attached with it, So you can change your username only by changing your Skype account email address.
Now, you have to create another Microsoft email address, if you already haven’t. Once you have another email address, follow the steps given below:-
Step 1: Visit Skype.com and then click on your name from Top-right corner of the screen.
Step 2: From the Drop down menu, just click on ‘My Account’ –> scroll down to ‘Contact details’.
Step 3: From here you can edit your profile by clicking on ‘Edit Profile’. Type your alternative email address in the email box and save it.
Or, You can create a new Skype account by creating a new Microsoft account. Here is how:
1. Open the official Skype website in your browser and select the ‘Sign in’ option.
2. Click on the “Sing Up” button in the drop-down menu.
3. It will redirect you to a new page asking if you want to Sign up using a phone number or an email. Since you will be assigned with a username not of your choice once again if you Sign Up with a number, chose the ‘Use your email instead’ option.
4. You will now have to create a Microsoft account which will be your Skype username. Get the username of your choice using hit and trial method.
5. If the username you want is available, you will be directed to a new page. Fill in the password and other details. The process is now complete. You have successfully changed your Skype username by creating a new Microsoft account.