Want to delete photos from iCloud to free up some space in your iCloud storage or don’t have space for important files in your iCloud and want to delete all photos from iCloud or wish to delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud or delete photos from iPhone without deleting from iCloud.
If you have anyone of question from above, then read this article till the end to get every possible solution form your question.
Apple’s iCloud is an online storage and allows you to store your photos and videos from your iOS device. Every time you sync your iPhone or iPad to iCloud; all your data, photos, videos and documents get stored in iCloud securely, and you can access them anywhere.
Apple gives you 5 GB iCloud storage space free to save your data online safely and securely. But after that, you have to pay to Apple to use additional space on iCloud.
Expert Tip: If you keep watching on whatever is stored in your iCloud and manage habit to manage your iCloud storage by deleting and removing unwanted or old unused file like photos, videos and documents, files, etc. You don’t need to buy more storage on iCloud and need to pay Apple.
So if you want to delete all photos from iCloud or delete photos from iCloud storage then read this guide to get simple and quick ways to delete photos from iCloud.
The advantage of using iCloud is:
- First, it saves your Mac space because the high-resolution original photos and videos are stored in iCloud and downloaded only when you need them.
- Second, You don’t need to sync your iPhone to your Mac; As all the photos and videos are automatically getting sync with iCloud storage and you can access them on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Watch just by signed into your Apple ID and have iCloud Photos switched on.
Why do you want to delete photos from iCloud?
- HD photos and videos take too much space, and your free iCloud storage is 5 GB which you will hit very soon.
- Old photos or videos which you may not need any longer.
- Duplicate images and videos
A. How to Delete Photos from iCloud Photo Library – Disable iCloud Photos Library
How to delete photos from iPhone
iCloud Photo Library is an iPhone or iPad feature which automatically syncs and stores every photo and video of your iPhone in the iCloud server, and you can view or access them on any device via login your iCloud account from any everywhere and at any time.
iCloud Photo Library automatically turn your photos and videos into moments and collections.
If you want to stop automatic backup of your photos and videos in iCloud you can turn off iCloud Photo Library to free up space by using the following steps:
- Go to your iPhone Settings and tap on iCloud Photos.
- Now you will find iCloud Photos under ICLOUD.
- Tap on Disable and Delete to clean the space.
Here you have learned How to delete photos from iPhone.
B. How to Delete Photos from iCloud – Delete Photos from iCloud Backup
The fastest way of free up iCloud storage is to delete photos from iCloud Backup. Let see how to do it:
- Open iPhone Settings and Tap on iCloud.
- Delete iCloud Backup :
- For iOS 12: tap on iCloud Backup and tap on Disable and Delete to clean the space
C. How to Delete Photos from iCloud – Delete Photos from Web Browser
You need to use your Mac or PC to delete photos from iCloud via a web browser. Let’s do it:
- Open your favorite browser and log into iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Now click and select Photos on iCloud.com
- Here you will see all the photos stored in iCloud. Now select the photos you want to delete from iCloud.
- Click Delete or trash to delete all the photos you have selected.
How to delete all photos from iCloud
You need to use your Mac to delete all photos from iCloud. But remember if you are using it then it means photos or videos won’t be available to view or edit on your iPhone, iPad or other Apple devices in which you are login using your Apple ID.
Here is all the step using which you can learn how to delete all photos from iCloud and you will also see how to download photos from iCloud and How to select all photos on iCloud.
How to download photos from iCloud & How to select all photos on iCloud
- Go to Apple Menu and select System Preferences and click on the iCloud pane.
- Now uncheck by clicking on the checkbox before the Photos.
- It will show you a warning message to download your photos from iCloud. Click on Download; if you don’t download them all your photos will automatically be deleted in 30 days. You can learn “How to download photos from iCloud”
- Once all your photos have been downloaded; click on the Manage button in the iCloud pane.
- Now click on Photo library (Here you have learned How to select all photos on iCloud) and choose Disable and Delete.
After 30 days all your photos will be deleted from iCloud. You can also use this way to delete app data, delete documents from iCloud etc.
Try any of the above methods to How to delete photos from iCloud or How to delete all photos from iCloud.