Facebook is one of the most successful social networks to embrace the number of users reaches more than 1.5 billion people. Although many features are offered, but the status update is still one of the main things done by Facebook users since its inception.
Just imagine, the status created on the Facebook network has presented a variety of interesting additional features for users ranging from stickers, 3D photos, mentions, hashtags, GIFs, and many more.
But as in social networks in general, sometimes there are only inappropriate comments from other users on the personal status that has been made. Especially when the status is made fairly viral so that many negative comments appear from various accounts which can certainly have a negative effect on yourself.
Actually, Facebook had presented a feature to deactivate comments on the menu available in a private status that was created in our timeline. But now the feature has been removed and you can only determine who can comment on the personal status that has been created.
For those of you who want to know how to determine who can comment on personal status in the timeline, then you can follow the following tutorial.
How to Disable Comments on Facebook
- First, open the Facebook application on your smartphone
- Next, select the symbol menu line three at the top right of the application
- Visit the menu Settings & Privacy and then open the menu Settings
- On the next page you can choose Public Post
- Find the column Public Post Comments where you can set the type of privacy you want
- Activate one of them fine Public, Friend of friends, or Friends as you wish
- In this case, I set it to be Friends so that only friends can comment on the personal status created
If you set Public Post to Public, then everyone will be able to comment on the personal status that has been made. While Friend of Friends will allow friends of your friends to join in commenting on the personal status created.
Unlike personal status, you can still disable comments on statuses made on Facebook groups very easily.
How to Turn off Comments on Facebook Groups
- Look for the status in the Group where you want to remove the comment column
- At the top right of the status, select the menu icon three point
- Then, you can choose the features Turn off commenting
- After this feature is active, other Facebook users cannot comment on your status in the group
- As more information, there will be a notification saying that you have turned off the comment feature for that post
With the new rules presented by Facebook, you can still deactivate negative comments on status in Groups that are more open to the public with easier access. On the other hand, you can only limit who can comment on the personal status that has been created in the timeline itself.