For those of you who are looking for ways to download videos from YouTube via an Android smartphone, you are in the right article. The following are some ways to download YouTube videos through the Android version TechHow:
How to Download YouTube Videos on Android
One of the usual activities at home is watching videos through YouTube. But, if done continuously, of course, it will spend internet quota. An easy way to overcome this is to take advantage of how to download YouTube videos on Android, while having an abundant bonus quota or being on Wi-Fi cafes for example.
Questions that people often ask:
- Can YouTube videos be downloaded?
- If I can, can I download it on Youtube with Android?
- Is there a YouTube download application on Android?
- Can you download YouTube videos on Android without an application?
- If you can, how to download YouTube videos?
This article will answer all the questions above. TechHow.org will explain in detail all the problems above. The mehtod below you will be able to do easily and does not require a long time.
Note: But remember, download videos YouTube also an illegal act. But YouTube also legalizes videos that have download features (specifically YouTube on mobile phones).
How to Download YouTube Videos Without Applications
Here are some ways you can do to download YouTube videos for users Android.
The method below is how to download videos from YouTube without using an application or application installation on your Android. Here’s how:
The best way to download YouTube videos without an application is to use online site namely SaveFrom.net. Following are the steps to use SaveFrom.net:
- Open site SaveFrom.net.
- Enter the URL address of the YouTube video in the box provided.
- Click the Download button or download to the right of the box. Choose the format and quality of the video and download it to your device.
- YouTube videos will be downloaded automatically to your storage device.
NOTE: Downloading videos this way is illegal. Do not use this method for commercial purposes. Do at your own risk!
You can also download music and songs on the famous music platform, SoundCloud, legally. Follow the method below to be able to download music from SoundCloud easily and quickly.
Download YouTube Videos Legally on Android
Videos from YouTube can also be downloaded officially and legally. However, users must use the official Android application from Google, YouTube Go and also take advantage of YouTube Premium features. The following is a detailed explanation of how to legally download YouTube videos.
2. YouTube Premium
If you want to download YouTube videos legally from Android, you should just try YouTube Premium. Of course this feature is paid, but there are many features you can use. Like there are no advertisements (free-ad), can play music in the background and much more.
If you subscribe to YouTube Premium, then you will also get standard YouTube features, YouTube Music, YouTube Kids and Google Play Music. With this feature you will be able to download YouTube videos legally and can be watched online for up to 30 days.
Click the link beside this to try out the free YouTube Premium feature for 30 days, Try YouTube Premium.
3. YouTube Go
YouTube Go is one Android application lightweight that is specifically for low-specification smartphones. However, there is a YouTube video download feature that you can use to be able to download videos from YouTube through your Android smartphone.
Unlike ordinary YouTube applications, this application displays a video download button to be used as a video downloader for offline viewing. However, the drawback of this application is that it cannot download videos from other video provider sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vine and similar media.
Do you know Academia.EDU? Yes, the site is a reference for academics that are widely used by academics in the world. Do you know if you can download documents and papers on the site legally? Follow the guidelines on How to Download at Academia.EDU.
List of YouTube Downloader Applications for Android
We highly recommend Videoder for easy video downloading. This application is an application that you can use to download YouTube videos through Android and Mac. For guidance on downloading YouTube videos via Android with Videoder are as follows:
- First download the application Videoder for Android.
- Install the APK and don’t forget when you install this application, first enter the settings and change your Android’s ‘Security’ settings. Entered into Settings then open the tab Security then check the section Unknown Source and press OK to allow this application to be installed on your Android.
- After install, open the Videoder application and the YouTube homepage will automatically open. Please find and select the video you want to download.
- Select the video format and quality (4K video download available) at the bottom of the application.
- Rename the video file and press Start downloading.
- Download the video and finish.
Note: Videoder can be used to download videos on 50+ video provider sites in the world, including Vine, Vimeo, VK, Instagram, Facebook and many others.
TubeMate is one of the favorite YouTube downloader applications for many users. But unfortunately, you can’t find TubeMate on PlayStore. This application has a good design and can download videos from many video provider sites.
With this YouTube video download application, you can choose the video quality before downloading. The downloaded video will automatically be saved to your smartphone memory. Besides videos, you can also download YouTube videos into music or MP3 files.
Here it is step by step how to download YouTube videos with TubeMate on Android:
- Download the APK first: TubeMate for Android. Note: TubeMate is not available on PlayStore.
- Install and open the TubeMate application.
- Select the YouTube video you want to download. Then open the video and select Download icon on the lower left side of the screen.
- After that choose the video resolution. (1) Click on the resolution you want to download along with the size of the video. (2) And Select the download button at the bottom left of the screen to start downloading videos.
- The video will be downloaded automatically.
Almost the same as TubeMate, KeepVid is also a favorite of many YouTube viewers when downloading YouTube videos. KeepVid is one of the fastest video downloaders compared to other similar YouTube downloaders.
Not only YouTube can you download, KeepVid can download videos from more than 25 video media providers such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others. Users can download videos with HD quality.
Below is how to download YouTube videos via Android with the help of the KeepVid application:
- Download APK KeepVid first.
- Install and open the KeepVid application.
- Select the Youtube icon and find the video you want to download.
- Select a video and press button (icon) Download to start downloading videos.
- Select the resolution and the video will download automatically.
7. VidMate App
VidMate is an application that can be used to download videos from YouTube and is already known by YouTube users. In this application you can search for videos by category or can use the Search feature to search for videos.
NewPipe is an open-source application developed for Android. This application is lightweight and does not generate many advertisements that interfere with users. NewPipe even brought up original YouTube videos.
The advantage most preferred by users is being able to play videos in the background or without opening the application and running it in the background of the application. You can even download YouTube videos at 1080p quality if available.
Like NewPipe, YMusic also has a feature to be able to play YouTube music and videos in the background of the application while running other applications. Besides videos, YMusic can also download videos and use them as music files or MP3s.
NOTE: Download videos using third-party applications (third-party apps) is illegal. Do not use this method for commercial purposes. Do at your own risk!
Which is the easiest way to download YouTube videos from Android?
There are many ways to download YouTube videos. However, the method above is the easiest and simplest way. If we find a new application that is easy to use, we will add to the list above.