If you like Google Chrome the most then you may want to know how to make Chrome default browser or maybe you are looking for how to make Google Chrome default browser. Then read this article completely till the end. Here we have shared all the possible solution to How to set Chrome as default browser in all type of device form Windows to Mac OS, Android to iOS device.
Default browser of Microsoft Windows is Microsoft Edge. But Why browser is so important. Let’s understand it first. Whenever you click a link in your mail, or you search something in your windows search box or use Windows 10 search bar for internet search it opens the default browser of your operating system and the best browser so far is Google Chrome. So if you want to use Chrome for every single search then you need to learn first how to set Chrome as default browser
You can change windows default browser, but it depends on your operating system. If you want to change your by default browser permanently, then you need to change your operating systems settings to ensure that the changes stick and you can set Chrome as default browser.
You can change your default browser in Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android. But if you want to see, Chrome as default browser in the iOS device, then you need to jailbreak your iOS device.
You can change your search engine in your iOS device by changing Safari settings.
How to change search engine in Safari
- Open your iOS settings, i.e. iPhone settings.
- Tap on Safari, and there you will find Search Engine settings.
- Tap on Search Engine settings, and you will have the options Google, Yahoo, Bing or DuckDuckGo.
- Now you can choose any one search engine as default search engine for Safari.
Requirement: If you don’t have the Google Chrome in your device then download and install Chrome. Let’s see how to make Chrome default browser in different platforms.
How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10
(How to set Chrome as default browser)
- Open the Start Menu of Windows or click on the windows button.
- Select Settings; it will open the Settings windows.
- Click on System. It allows you to change display, notifications, apps, power settings.
- Now click on Default apps tab to change the settings related to default apps.
- There you will find Web browser. Click on the Web browser. It will show you all the installed browser on your computer.
- Choose Google Chrome to set Chrome as default browser of your windows. Now onward whenever you click on any link or open the HTML file, they will open in Google Chrome.
If the above changes won’t work for you and windows is not allowing you to set Chrome as default browser, then use the Control Panel and follow the below steps and learn how to make chrome default browser. Next, we will see how to make Chrome default browser in Windows 8, 7 and Vista.
How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 8, 7 and Vista
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Default Programs. It will show you an option to set all your default programs for your windows,
- Click on Set your default programs.
- Now scroll down and select Google Chrome from the list of programs.
- In the right side window, you will find Set this program as default.
It will set Chrome as default browser program for all your web requirement like web links and HTML files. Next, we will see how to make Chrome default browser in MacOS.
How to make Chrome default browser in MacOS
- Download the Google Chrome and run the Chrome installer. (Drag the Google Chrome icon from Download folder to Applications folder; You can delete DMG file after Chrome installation).
- After Chrome installation, click on the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option. Using this option, you can set Google Chrome your default browser.
- Click on the General option. There you will find Default web browser menu and select Google Chrome. It will set Google Chrome as your default browser for all your web activity.
Here you have set Chrome as default browser. In the next section, we will see how to make Chrome default browser in Android devices.
How to make Chrome default browser in Android
It is so easy to set Chrome as default browser.
- Open your Android Settings; there you will find apps and notification.
- Tap on Apps and Notifications and look for default apps or You can directly search for default apps in Settings.
- In Default apps your will find Browser app; Tap on Browser app. It will show all the installed browsers.
- Now select Google Chrome or Chrome. It will make Google Chrome your default browser.
In new Android devices, Chrome is pre-installed, but you have set Chrome as default browser to open links in Google Chrome by default always.
- Open the App in which you have received the app like WhatsApp, email or text message.
- Tap on the link, and it will ask to open with the browser and show you the list of all browser installed in your device.
- Now select Always to set Chrome as default browser.
Next, we will see how to make Chrome default browser in jailbroken iOS
How to make Chrome default browser in iOS
If you want to change your by default browser in iOS, i.e. from Safari to any other web browser, then you need to Jailbreak your iOS. I won’t suggest jailbreaking your iOS device, as it voids your warranty.
- JailBreak your iOS
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iOS device. Cydia is an app store for jailbreak iOS. It allows you to install a variety of tweaks and apps.
- Now search Open in Chrome and tap in install in Cydia. It is an iOS device system settings tweak, and it allows you to change the default browser. It will reboot your iOS device.
- Once open in chrome and iOS reboot process is completed. Open iPhone settings and you will find Open in Chrome option is added to your settings app.
- Make sure that you have enabled Open in Chrome option. If it’s not, then tap on the toggle.
It will make Chrome your default browser in the iOS device. Now tap on any link in your email messages, texts, apps, websites or any other links.