Can’t open your important PDF file? Don’t worry, this article will provide guidance on how to access and fix a PDF document that can’t be opened. Here is the article material for the problem PDF file cannot be opened version Techhow:
- PDF Cannot Open
- Recommended PDF Reader
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Acrobat
- Causes of the PDF Cannot be Opened
- How to Overcome Unopened PDF
- Method # 1: Using PDF Repair
- Method # 2: Changing Adobe Reader Settings
- Method # 3: Repair Adobe Reader Installation
- Method # 4: Open PDF With Browser
Unopen PDF File
The current file or document with PDF is a format that is widely used for everyday needs. But what happens if the required PDF file can’t be opened?
Have you ever experienced this incident? If you are nodding your head then you are in the right place. Are you a user Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat? That’s right, these two software are the most popular PDF opener applications for now.
Let’s read carefully the articles and guides on PDF file cannot be opened such as causes, problems and how to open an unopened PDF file. Let’s read!
Recommended PDF Reader Software
Techhow recommends that you use a PDF reader from Adobe, namely Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. Here’s the explanation:
1. Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is one of the most widely used software for reading PDF files. This software is provided free by Adobe as a developer. Price is important for users, the advantage of Adobe Reader is that it is available free of charge.
However, the disadvantage of Adobe Reader is that PDF files can only be opened without any features to be able to change or edit the PDF file itself. Other features for PDF requirements are also very limited in this software.
2. Adobe Acrobat
Adobbe Acrobat is also a software developed by Adobe. This software is classified as very complex as a software to open and read PDF files. You can edit and change the contents of the PDF and you can even change the PDF format to other formats and vice versa like PDF to Word and vice versa.
However, this software lacks in terms of price. If Adobe Reader is available for free, then Adobe provides this software as a paid PDF reader software. However, you can also try this software for free for a 30 day trial period.
Causes of the PDF File Cannot be Opened
There are many reasons why a PDF file won’t open. Often times the problem occurs because the software used to read the PDF file is not working properly. In fact, the PDF file may even be problematic.
Some of the causes that often occur are as follows:
- PDF reader software is not updated.This problem often occurs because the user did not update the version of the software used to open the PDF. Most likely the PDF file was created with the latest PDF software.
- The PDF file is corrupted. This problem often occurs if the PDF file is the result of a download from a website or a copy from an external Flashdisk / Harddisk. It could be that damage occurs during the process of moving the file to your local directory or your computer.
- There is a virus or malware in the PDF file.This could happen. Because maybe the PDF file comes from a source with viruses or even from an untrusted website.
If you feel that the cause of the PDF file is not being accessed by the reasons above, please read the next section on how to solve the inaccessible PDF file.
Academia Edu and Scribd are among the world’s most popular websites providing access to millions of documents and books. Learn how to download documents from Academia and how to download books from Scribd.
How to Overcome Unopened PDF Files
Below are some ways and solutions to open PDF files that can’t be opened. In this case we are using Adobe Reader to solve this problem.
Solution 1. Repair PDF With DataNumen PDF Repair
The first solution is to try to repair PDF files with PDF Repair software. In this case Techhow.com uses DataNumen PDF Repair. This software is free for personal use and paid for commercial use.
Follow the tutorial to repair damaged PDF files below:
- Download and install the software DataNumen PDF Repair. Choose which license is free for personal use only and not commercial use.
- Open the software and it will automatically open in a tab Repair. Next in section Select PDF file to be repaired select the PDF file you want to repair.Select the PDF file and click Open.
- After that click Start Repair and wait for the process to complete 100% Completed and choose OK.
- The PDF file has been repaired and can be opened.
This method is the right solution for those of you who get the message This PDF file is corrupted when opening the PDF file.
Are you a music fan? Surely you already know the SoundCloud platform, right? On this site you can download music officially and legally. Read more in the guide on how to download songs on SoundCloud legally.
Solution 2. Changing Adobe Reader Settings
The second way is an attempt to open a PDF file because PDF files come from less reliable sources. Follow the steps below to change Adobe Reader settings and open a PDF file that doesn’t open:
- Open Adobe Reader. If you don’t have Adobe Reader installed, feel free to install this software first to make it easier to solve this problem. Download Adobe Reader here.
- Look and search Edit in the top menu bar. Then click and open the menu Preferences.
- If the Preferences settings window opens: (1) Please access the section Security (Enhanced). (2) Change settings Sandbox Protections and uncheck the section Enable Protected Mode at Startup. If the permission window appears click Yes.
- After that click OK to save this setting.
Changing this setting allows PDF files to be opened because Adobe Reader will no longer protect PDF files that come from less credible and less trusted sources.
Transferring photos from iPhone to laptop or vice versa is a tricky matter. But don’t worry, we have summarized all of these methods in the article on how to transfer photos from PC to iPhone.
Solution 3. Repair Adobe Reader Installation
The PDF file cannot be opened so there is a possibility that the Adobe Reader software is damaged (damaged). If this happens, please follow the step by step below.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Look and choose Help on the Adobe Reader menu and select Repair Installation.
- Click Yes if the permissions window appears.
- Wait for the repair process to complete.
- When finished, reopen the PDF file that couldn’t be opened earlier.
Try the method above if you think the PDF Reader is having problems.
Did you know that there is a way to reduce the size of a photo or image without destroying the quality of the photo? Learn more in the guide article how to compress photos without compromising quality.
Solution 4. Open PDF With Browser
The final solution if all of the above methods can’t, is to open the PDF file with a browser. Can use Google Chrome or your other best browser. Follow these steps to open a PDF document in a browser.
- Open the directory or folder where the unopened PDF file is located. For example: D: Thesis Thesis Fix.pdf.
- Next right click on the PDF file and choose an option Open with then select the browser installed on your laptop. In this case using Google Chrome.
- The PDF file will open in the Google Chrome browser.
You can use this solution only to read the contents of the PDF document without being able to change the contents of the PDF.
For you IDM users, you must often deal with the problem of IDM extensions not appearing in the Chrome browser right? If so, Techhow has a solution. Learn more in the article how to activate IDM on Google Chrome.
Conclusion Damaged PDF Files Can Be Repaired
Based on the explanation and guidelines above, we can conclude that a corrupted or damaged PDF file can be repaired and can be opened in several ways. Please try several ways to open the PDF file that can’t be opened.
Hopefully your important files and documents can be saved.