Find My iPhone is one of the best feature or your iPhone or iOS device that enable you to locate your iPhone or erase your iPhone data remotely or lock your iPhone or send an alert and It also prevent erasing your iPhone by a thief. It also allows your iCloud account to track your live location. So if you want to know how to turn off Find My iPhone then here is the best-detailed guide to learn how to turn off Find My iPhone and remove iPhone or iPad or iPod touch or Mac or MacBook from Find My iPhone.
Once you enable Find My iPhone on your device, then it gets linked with your Apple ID, and then you can locate your iPhone, iPad or iOS devices just by logging on to iCloud.com on Mac or PC and erase your iPhone or iOS data remotely.
How to turn off Find My iPhone
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Tap on [Your name]. There you will find iCloud.
- Tap on iCloud, You will see Find My iPhone under apps using iCloud.
- Tap on to green toggle to turn off Find My iPhone. It will pop up a window to enter the Apple ID password.
- Enter your Apple ID Password and tap on Turn Off.
How to Sign Out from iCloud and iTunes & App Store
- Open your iPhone settings.
- Tap on [your name]. You will see Sign Out at the bottom.
- Tap on Sign out.
Note: When your Sign out of your iCloud account, iPhone won’t ask a new user to enter your Apple ID and Password.
How to remove Mac from Find My iPhone
- Click on Apple icon at the top left corner. It will open the Apple menu. There you will see System Preferences.
- Click on System Preferences, Then you will find iCloud options.
- There you will see Find My Mac option. click on Find My Mac and it will be toggled. It has turned off Find My Mac.
Note: Another direct method is to turn off Find My Mac is turn off iCloud entirely. It will disable the auto backup feature of Apple.
How to turn off Find My iPhone from iCloud
(How to remove and Apple AirPods pair or Apple Watch from Find My iPhone)
Requirement: Apple wants to run the battery down of your Apple AirPods pair or Apple Watch before removing these devices from Find My iPhone list on iCloud.
- Open your browser in Mac or PC and go to iCloud.com
- Click on Find My iPhone. You will see the list of all your apple device attached with the Apple ID in which you are logged in.
- Now click on the device you want to remove and at the bottom, you will see the option to remove the device from the iCloud account.
- Click on the remove button and your device will be removed from the list.
How to turn off Find My iPhone remotely
(How to remotely erase iPhone data)
If you have sold your iPhone or iOS device or you have lost your device and no longer have access to your device then you might want to know how to remotely erase your iPhone data.
- Go to iCloud.com and open the device list.
- Find the device you want to remove. There you will find an option to remotely erase data.
- Click on remotely erase; now it will ask to enter your Apple ID email id and password.
- Once your iPhone data is erased remotely then you will be able to turn off Find My iPhone.