For those of you who have problems with the speed and performance of Windows 10. This article is a solution for Windows 10 that is slow. Booting is a major factor affecting the performance of your Windows 10.
Speed up Boot Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with many features with Windows 7 and Windows 8. One of them is for performance and system access speed including booting. However, do you know if there are many ways to speed up booting in Windows 10.
This article will provide some tips and ways to accelerate the boot speed of Windows 10. Please read through and run these tips to speed up booting a laptop that uses Windows 10.
Method 1. Speed Up Boot with the Fast Startup Feature
The first way is to enable fast startup in Windows 10. This feature is very useful to speed up Windows boot loading. In this feature works starting from computer shutdown by removing junk files from RAM.
Fast Startup will store image files in the kernel called Hiberfile. When you restart the computer, this file will be reloaded so that the boot process will be faster and improve the performance of Windows 10.
Here’s how to enable the Fast Startup feature to speed up Windows 10 boot:
- Open Start then Select Settings and choose System.
- After that select Power & Sleep and then on the right side of the screen select Additional power settings.
- After the settings panel exits, select Choose what power button do in the left panel menu.
- If you have not used Administrator, then click first Change settings that are currently unavailable then you can change the settings in this panel. If you log in with an Administrator then you can skip this step.
- Next in Shutdown settings section, check the Turn on fast startup (recommended) box.
- Finally, click Save Changes. The fast startup feature is active in Windows 10 and will make Windows 10 boot performance faster than before.
Note: If you do a clean installation of Windows 10, the fast startup feature should be active by default. However, if you are upgrading from an earlier version, follow the method above to enable the fast startup feature.
Regarding Windows 10 Update, there are updates that can improve Windows performance, but there are also those that slow down Windows performance. If you want to turn off Windows Update, please read: How to Turn off Updates on Windows 10. And of course, you also want to know How to Update Windows 10 Offline and Online.
Method 2. Turn off unnecessary startup programs
Similar to Windows 7, there is also a disable startup program feature in Windows 10. To speed up Windows 10 boot, then this feature needs to be set to a minimum, which is to turn off programs that do not need to be loaded when Windows is first turned on.
Here’s how to disable startup programs to improve Windows 10 boot performance:
- Press the keyboard combination Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the Task Manager dialog box for Windows 10. Another way is to right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager.
- When the Task Manager dialog box opens then select Startup. In the Startup settings there are several programs already installed on the laptop, please see which programs do not need to be loaded when first turned on.
- Then Right click on the program line you want to turn off then select Disable. Do it on all programs that are not needed.
- If so, Close the Task Manager dialog box.
HINT: You can also see your last BIOS load time in the upper right of the Task Manager dialog box.
If you have already updated your Windows 10, you should delete the old update files stored on the laptop to save space and storage on your Windows. How do I delete old Windows Update files? Read Tutorial Remove Windows 10 Cache Update.
Method 3. Clean the Junk Files Periodically
One of the tips for improving laptop performance is to clean the cache and junk files regularly. Likewise, to increase the boot speed of Windows 10, it requires regular cleaning and deleting all junk files in Windows.
Here are 2 ways to delete junk files to speed up Windows 10 boot:
3.1. Clean Junk Files with Disk Cleanup
Windows 10 already provides a program that can clean junk files, namely Disk Cleanup. Learn how to use Disk Cleanup to clean files that are no longer needed by Windows 10 below this:
- Open Start and look for the Disk Cleanup programs.
- A Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear then select which partition you want to clean. For example Drive (C 🙂 then select the C partition then click OK.
- Next check the junk files to be deleted. Then choose OK.
- Then the file delete request box will appear that has been checked and selected Delete Files.
- Completed and Windows 10 junk files have been successfully deleted.
3.2. Remove Cache & Junk Files with CCleaner
In addition to using Windows 10 software or programs, you can also use CCleaner to clear cache and clean laptop junk files. Everything about CCleaner has been discussed in previous articles: Read How to Use CCleaner to Clean Up Trash Files on a Laptop.
There are several other ways to delete junk files and cache in Windows 10. Read the article about How to Clear Cache in Windows to Speed Up Laptop Performance.
Method 4. Set the Boot Order Time
Tip number 4 is useful for those of you who install dual boot on a laptop or more on a laptop. Because, this method will save Windows 10 boot time.
Here’s how to reduce the order boot time in Windows 10:
- Open Start and look for the Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel select System & Security.
- Then select System.
- and select Advanced system settings on the right panel. Then the Advanced dialog box will open and then in the Startup and Recovery section select Settings. After that in the System startup section, set the minimum time possible. The default value is 30 seconds, you can change into 20 seconds or 15 seconds as needed.
- Then select OK when you are finished.
To tighten the security of your Windows 10 files. We recommend that the important file location folder be locked for security reasons so it can’t be copied and stolen. Read How to Lock a Folder in Windows and How to Lock a Folder with a Password.
Method 5. Activate Best Performance Mode in Windows 10
Windows 10 performance can also be boosted by activating Best Performance. This method will command Windows to prioritize performance compared to display and visual effects.
This method will improve Windows 10 boot performance when first turned on. Here’s how to enable the best performance of Windows 10:
- Open Start and look for the Control Panel.
- Then select System & Security.
- Then select System.
- On the right panel select Advanced system settings. Next in the Performance section select Settings and check the Adjust for best performance option. You can also choose Custom and set what display features are activated and deactivated by Windows.
- When finished select OK.
This method will increase the performance of Windows although a little, but worth trying. Your Windows 10 appearance will change because Windows will prioritize performance compared to appearance.
If you have problems with Windows 10, there are many solutions you can do one of them through Windows Safe Mode. You can delete viruses or uninstall software from this mode. Read the article about How to enter Safe Mode on Windows 10.
Thus, the first article about tips and how to speed up Windows 10 boot and also at the same time improve laptop performance. Please try all the methods above and hopefully your laptop’s performance will get faster!