iPhone is one of the very popular smartphones nowadays. One of the sophistication of the iPhone is its camera. The iPhone camera can take photos with good quality. This article will deal with iPhone photos. Many iPhone users are still unable to move photos or videos from their laptops to the iPhone.
This article will explain and provide a tutorial on how to transfer photos from a laptop to an iPh1. There are several ways you can do to move photos to the iPh1. Read this article thoroughly to find out various easy ways to transfer photos to an iPhone from a laptop or PC.
Provisions of this tutorial:
- This tutorial is done with the iPhone 7 with iOS 13.
- The laptop used is the Windows 10 operating system.
- All of these tutorials are only exemplified for photos, but also apply for transferring videos from laptops to iPhones – you can do it the same way.
- Do it with your own responsibility.
1. How to Move Photos from a Laptop to an iPhone with iTunes
The first way will be done with the help of the iTunes software. Here’s how to move photos from a laptop to an iPhone using iTunes:
- For initial steps, if your laptop has not installed iTunes – please download and install iTunes first. Download iTunes through this link, then install iTunes as usual.
- Open iTunes and connect iPhone to laptop or PC with a USB cable.
- After the iPhone is connected to the laptop, select it Device (iPhone icon) in the top bar of iTunes.
- After the Device display opens, select Photos then check options Sync Photos to choose which photo directory on the laptop to transfer to the iPh1. For this step, you should prepare a folder/directory specifically for photos that will be transferred to the iPhone. For example, you save photos in the directory D: Photos of the iPhone. Copy or move all photos you want to transfer to the iPhone to the folder iPhone Photos that you made earlier. Next, please check All Folders (transfer all folders) or Selected Folders (transfer only the selected folder). Finally, check Include Videos if you want to move videos from your laptop to the iPhone from the iPhone Photos folder earlier.
- The final step, choose Sync (point 4 in the image step 4) and wait until the process of transferring photos from the laptop to the iPhone is complete. Photos that have been synchronized from the laptop will be in the gallery or application Photos on the iPhone.
1.1. Solution If the Photos Menu Exits ‘iCloud Photos is On.’
There is one problem for step 4 in the iTunes method above when you select the Photos tab; it says ‘iCloud Photos is On’ then you won’t be able to transfer photos from your laptop to iPhone with iTunes.
The solution to the problem – iCloud Photos is On – are as follows:
- Open the iPhone and access the Settings menu> Photos> uncheck iCloud Photos and try synchronizing the iPhone again with the laptop.
- Note: After transferring photos to the iPhone, if you check the iCloud Photos option again, all photos that you transfer from your laptop to the iPhone will be deleted to sync iPhone photos with iCloud.
The need to upload photos to a website does not require a large photo size. Therefore, before uploading a photo to the website, a compression process is needed to reduce the size of the photo. See the list of recommendations Photo Compress Application on iPhone.
2. How to Move Photos from Laptop to iPhone with iCloud
The second way is to transfer photos to iPhone from PC using iCloud. This method you can do in two ways, namely transfer photos with iCloud Web and iCloud software. The following explanation on how to move photos from laptop to iPhone with iCloud.
2.1. Transfer Photos to iPhone from iCloud Web
How to move photos to iPhone from PC using the Web version of iCloud is as follows:
- The first step will be done on the iPhone. To upload photos to iCloud Web and synchronize to an iPhone, you must first allow access from the iPhone by opening Settings in iPhone > [your Apple ID] > iCloud > Photos > then check or enable iCloud Photos.
- Continue to the laptop and open the browser, then navigate to the iCloud website then login with the same Apple ID account as the iPhone to sync photos.
- After logging in the iCloud dashboard will appear with several application options and select Photos.
- The next step is to select the icon Upload in the last top bar of iCloud then Browse for photo locations on a laptop and upload it to iCloud.
- Completed and all photos uploaded to iCloud will synchronize automatically to the iPhone with the Wi-Fi network or with the data plan is activated. Photos can be accessed through the Photos application on the iPhone.
2.2. Transfer Photos to iPhone from iCloud Software
Then transfer photos using iCloud Desktop software. The way to transfer photos to the iPhone using iCloud Desktop is as follows:
- Download software iCloud Desktop then install it on a laptop or PC.
- Connect iPhone to laptop with a USB cable.
- Open iCloud Desktop, which was already installed and logged in with an Apple ID.
- After logging in, select Options for Photos and check the selection iCloud Photo Library and also check options Upload new photos and videos from my PC. Then press Apply to save these settings.
- Open File Explorer in Windows and navigate to the Photos section of iCloud> Upload photos and videos> then select photos or videos that will be synchronized to the iPhone via iCloud. If you do not find iCloud Photos in Windows 10 File Explorer, the solution is to press the button Windows logo on the keyboard> type ‘iCloud Photos’ And open the application that appears.
- Photos uploaded earlier will be synchronized automatically to iPhone with a Wi-Fi network or data plan if you enable this option. Photos can be accessed through the Photos application on the iPhone.
That’s the way to transfer photos from PC to iPhone using the Web version of iCloud and Desktop version of iCloud.
Note: If you are not using a Wi-Fi connection, you should not use this method because it will take a data plan if this option is activated. But if the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, synchronizing photos from iCloud to iPhone will be done automatically.
Photos and videos from Instagram can be downloaded in several ways, learn how to download Instagram content with iOS devices in the article How to Download Instagram Photos and Videos from iPhone.
3. How to Move Photos from Laptop to iPhone with Google Photos
Another way to make it easier to transfer photos from a laptop to an iPhone is to use the help from Google Photos. Like what method? Here’s how to transfer photos from a laptop to an iPhone with Google Photos:
- The first step is to use a laptop, then open the browser and access Google Photos from the browser.
- Select the photos you want to upload from the laptop, or you can also create a special folder for transferring photos from the laptop to the iPhone in your Google Photos account. This is to make it easier for certain photo filters to be inserted into the iPhone.
- Next done on the iPhone. Open App Store and search for the Google Photos application and install it on the iPhone.
- After install, open the Google Photos application and log in with the same account when uploading photos from your laptop or computer in step 3 above.
- Photos will be synchronized automatically. Download photos in the Google Photos album to iPhone.
That’s the easy step to transfer photos or videos to the iPhone using Google Photos. This method is relatively easy but requires a lot of (internet) quota (depending on the size or many photos), you should use a Wi-Fi connection for this method.
Sometimes we need photos with transparent backgrounds for the purpose of fitting photos or editing photos; we recommend that you do the photo background deletion on a computer before being transferred to the iPh1. Learn the steps How To Remove Photo Background Online through a computer easily, automatically, and quickly.
4. How to Move Photos from a Laptop to an iPhone with Google Drive
This method is more or less the same as the third way with Google Photos, but this method uses Google Drive for moving photos from a laptop to the iPh1. Following step by step, how to move photos from PC to iPhone with Google Drive:
- The first step would be to use a laptop or PC. Open the browser and access the Google Drive site.
- Upload photos to Google Drive from your laptop or create a special album for iPhone photos in Google Drive.
- The next step will be done on the iPhone. Open App Store through the iPhone and search for the Google Drive application then install it.
- Open Google Drive on the iPhone and log in using the same Google account that was used when uploading photos in the second step.
- Download photos from Google Drive to iPhone.
Note: Similar to Google Photos; this method requires an internet connection. So you should use this method when your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi to save your internet quota.