How To Turn Off Windows 10 Update
Disable Windows 10 Update – Windows 10 has been increasingly popular as an operating system used by users Windows this time. Many updates provided by Microsoft to Windows 10 users. However, many users do not want to update their Windows 10.
If you are one of the Windows 10 users who do not want to update Windows 10 with some updates or new versions, then this article is the article you are looking for. This article will discuss a few how to turn off Windows 10 Update.
1. Shut down Windows 10 Updates Temporarily
Before entering the section on how to permanently turn off Windows 10 Update, we better discuss how to temporarily disable Windows 10 Update for a maximum of 35 days. Following tutorial his:
- Open Settings by pressing the button Windows logo on the keyboard and click on the gear emblem Settings or type Settings in the search field Start Windows.
- Click on the section Update & Security.
- Then click on the section Windows Update and open it Advanced Options.
- In the Advanced Options settings look for the section Pause Updates then change the pause date Windows 10 Update. You can temporarily disable Windows 10 Update up to you 35 days forward.
That’s the way to deactivate Windows Update while. However, if you are looking for a way to permanently disable Windows 10 Update, then try the following solution below.
Most people never clean junk files on their Windows. If you want to know how to clean junk files on a laptop, please read the article: How to Clean Cache in Windows and Using CCleaner to Clean Laptop Junk Files.
2. Turn Off All Windows 10 Update Services Permanently
The second way to turn off all Windows 10 updates through the Services feature is as follows:
- Press the keyboard key combination Windows logo + R to open an order Run on Windows 10.
- Type it services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll and search Windows Update on the Services list and double click if you have found the text.
- If the settings box Windows Update Properties already open on the tab General. In section Startup Type select Disabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the settings to turn off the Windows Update.
- Completed and Windows 10 will not be updated if there are feature updates or versions available.
If your Windows is having problems, you can access Safe Mode to fix problems on your Windows. Read the article How to access Safe Mode on Windows 10 to be able to enter the Windows Safe Mode feature.
3. Disable Windows 10 Update with the Registry
The next way to turn off Windows 10 Update is to manipulate the Registry command. Here’s how to disable Windows Update with the Registry Editor:
- Press the keyboard key combination Windows logo + R to open the box Run.
- Type it regedit and press Enter to open the settings Registry Editor on Windows 10.
- If the Registry Editor is open, find the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows.
- Right-click on the Windows folder then choose New and then click Key and give a name WindowsUpdate for the new key folder.
- Right-click on the folder key WindowsUpdate that was made earlier and choose New then click Key to create a new key folder with the name AU.
- Select the folder key AU and on the right side of the box please right-click on an empty area then select New and click DWORD (32-bit) Value then name it AUOptions.
- Right-click on the key AUOptions and change the value 0 Becomes 2. Value 2 is the value that gives the Windows command to notify you if there is a download or install of the latest Windows 10 Update.
- Completed and Windows 10 will not be updated automatically.
In the tutorial above we use the number 2. However, you can change other values such as: – 2 = Notification if there is an update to download and install. 3 = Updates will be downloaded automatically but will be notified if the update will be installed. 4 = Updates will be downloaded but we can schedule the install update process. 5 = Allows Admin to control all settings.
4. Use the Internet Limit on the Meter Network Connection
The next tutorial is how to disable Windows 10 Update by limiting bandwidth or internet connection for Windows updates. However, this method will not work and succeed on Ethernet Networks, only applies to Wi-Fi connections.
If you think this method is suitable, please try the following way to turn off Windows 10 updates automatically on Wi-Fi networks. Following step-by-step to turn off Windows Updates:
- In section taskbar under Windows, select Network icon to open Wi-Fi network settings.
- Select a Wi-Fi network which is connected to the internet with a laptop.
- select Properties to open the settings for the special Wi-Fi internet network.
- After setting open then on section Metered Connection change settings Set as metered connection from Off to On.
- Then close the settings and the Wi-Fi network that is connected to your laptop will limit the use of excessive internet quota, especially for Windows Update updates that use large internet quotas.
Windows Update will take up your laptop storage. What is stored by Windows Update? Cache and old versions of Windows will be stored so that it takes HDD or SSD laptop storage. If you want to clean and delete the file, please read the article: How do I clear the cache from Windows Update?
The tutorials above are some of the best ways to turn off Windows 10 Update whether it’s permanent or temporary. Please choose the method that is suitable for your needs.