Although there are lots of Android smartphones to choose from in various segments, however the appeal of the Apple iPhone still makes some people turn away.
But the transfer of data between Android smartphones to the iPhone is usually less flexible so it is quite troublesome if you want to switch smartphones because you need to move the data through a PC or laptop.
Therefore, Apple developed the Move to iOS application which is now available in the Google Play Store. With the presence of the application, you can move all the data that is on an Android smartphone to the iPhone quickly starting from phone contacts, SMS, photos, and more
For those of you who don’t know how to use the Move to iOS application, the following steps can be enlightening.
How to use Move to iOS to move smartphones
- First, download and install the Move to iOS application from Google Play Store.
- After this application is installed on Android, then Activate your new iPhone
- Follow the steps requested until it finally appears to Migrate Your Data
- select Migrate Your Data and iPhone will create a private Wi-Fi network
- After the private Wi-Fi network is active, the iPhone will immediately bring up a security code
- Turn off the data plan from an Android smartphone and enable Wi-Fi to connect to the iPhone’s private Wi-Fi network
- After the network is connected, enter the security code that appears on the iPhone into the Move to iOS application
- Wait until the data transfer and migration process is complete
- When the process is complete, then you are ready to use the new iPhone
For the record, not all data can be moved using the Move to iOS application because it can only move contacts phone data, SMS, videos, photos, bookmarks of visited sites, e-mail accounts and calendars.
Of course the migration process by using the Move to iOS application will be enough to help move important Android smartphone data to the iPhone so that it can be used immediately as it should.
But keep in mind, that this application can only be used by smartphones with the Android operating system 4 and above and Apple iPhone 5 and above running on the iOS 9 operating system and above.
Even so, the Move to iOS application doesn’t always run smoothly so you can’t help but have to use other transfer methods, either manually or using the help of third-party applications.