For something it has been used from generation to generation …
Many people have it on their nightstand, or in the medicine cabinet for when they get a cold and cold. But did you know that the Vicks can be used in many other ways?
Vicks Vaporub is a medicinal product in the form of an ointment. In general it is used as a remedy against congestion and when you have the flu, for its calming power based on menthol, camphor and eucalyptus. It is usually applied directly to areas of the body such as the chest and feet; or indirectly in a handkerchief near the nose, with great caution that it does not reach the eyes, to breathe it.
The Vicks Vaporub (viks vaporú) from the grandmother who cures everything!
Here some product options Vicks Vaporub:
1. Inhaler Vicks:
Package of 12 Vicks inhalers that works as a nasal decongestant. It comes as a keychain to take everywhere with you. It is easy to use since you just have to bring it to the holes in the nose and inhale.
2. Analgesic from Vicks VapoRub:
Ointment Vicks Vaporub. Vicks VapoRub medicated pain reliever starts working right away to relieve cough. VapoRub is applied externally, so it does not interact with other medications such as pills.
3. Vicks VapoRub in ointment:
The Vicks VapoRub medicinal ointment It begins to work quickly when applied for temporary cough relief from the common cold. It is also ideal for use as a topical pain reliever to relieve minor aches and pains in the muscles and joints.
VapoRub is applied externally to the chest or neck, so it does not interact with other medications in the way that pills can, and is not likely to cause drowsiness or nervous side effects. VapoRub can be an alternative to oral decongestants for people suffering from hypertension, and it can be suitable for diabetics looking for a sugar-free cough suppressant. Vicks VapoRub can also be rubbed on sore muscles to ease aches and pains.
Look at some other medicinal uses that the Vicks Vaporub:
1. To remove warts: Vicks has anti-inflammatory ingredients that help decrease and even remove warts on the skin. Apply a little to the wart at least once a day.
2. To treat foot fungus: Vicks has ingredients with antifungal properties. Apply to the affected area before going to sleep and cover with stockings or socks.
3. Soothing body and headaches: When inhaled, it helps to release tension, achieving an analgesic effect, calming the pain in your body and head. Repeat as you deem necessary. You can also apply and rub it on the area where you feel pain. Remember not to bring it close to the eyes, mouth, or delicate areas of the body.
4. Helps remove acne from the skin: Its antibacterial properties act against this problem. In addition, it helps to reduce inflammation and adds moisture to the skin.