How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10
How to Reset Your Windows 10 Forgotten Password
Follow the simple steps given below to learn how to reset the password in Windows 10 with the help of Microsoft Account.
1. On your sign in screen for Windows 10 click on the following link – “I forgot my password”.
2. Type in the CAPTCHA characters shown on the screen and click Next to recover your account.
3. Now you need to verify your identity for which you will receive the security code. Just select how you want to get the security code (either by email/text message) to verify your account. Click on – Send Code button to proceed.
4. Check your text message or email to check for the code. Type in the code in the given field. Click Next.
5. On the next screen, you can reset the password by typing a new password for the Microsoft account. Click- Next.
7. Now you will get the sign-in screen back. You can log in using your new password.